New York Construction Accident Lawyers
From falling objects to faulty scaffolding, a construction site can be a dangerous place to work. You might think your construction injury was just a coincidence. The more likely explanation is that someone failed to provide safe working conditions or equipment.
If so, the personal injury attorneys at De Caro & Kaplen, LLP may be able to help you hold them accountable for their negligence.
Call Us If Your Injury Involves:
- Falling on a construction site
- Falling from unsafe scaffolds and ladders
- Crane accidents
- Electrical shock & electrocution
- Faulty equipment
- Safety violations
- Failure to provide safety devices
- Falling from roofs
- Objects falling from high places
- Falling through holes and faulty flooring
- …or other accident scenario
You Could Be Eligible for More Than Workers’ Comp
It’s common knowledge that if construction workers are hurt on the job, they can collect Workers’ Compensation benefits. But that’s not necessarily the end of the story. Anyone injured at work may also be entitled to file a personal injury claim. Here are the main differences between Workers’ Compensation and a personal injury claim:
Workers’ Compensation: With Workers’ Compensation, there is no need to prove fault in order to collect weekly benefits. But these benefits are limited. They only compensate you for lost wages, medical bills, and permanent impairment.
Personal Injury Claim: In order to recover damages through a personal injury claim, your attorney must prove that another party—such as the construction site owner, building owner, general contractor, or subcontractor—was negligent or reckless. A personal injury claim seeks to recover all of the damages you’ve had to deal with due to your bodily or brain injury. You can seek compensation for pain and suffering, loss of life’s pleasures, lost earning capacity, and even future medical and rehabilitation costs.
Maybe you were told that accepting Workers’ Compensation benefits prevents you from suing. But this isn’t always true. Whether you were hurt on a construction site, factory floor, or other location, it may be possible to bring a claim or lawsuit to recover additional and substantial compensation. This would be above and beyond any workers’ compensation benefits you receive. Consult our team of lawyers today.
Why you can trust us
You can put your trust in our experience. The firm’s partners, Shana De Caro and Michael Kaplen, are highly rated attorneys who have been representing construction workers for more than 40 years. Our clients have sustained back injuries, brain damage, fractures, electrical injuries, and burns from a variety of construction site accidents. We’ve seen it all.
We’re knowledgeable about complex New York labor laws, OSHA regulations, and construction codes and practices. This insight will help us prove why the contractor, employer, manufacturer, or other party is to blame for your injuries.
You’ll work with a dedicated lawyer who always treats your case like a top priority. You can expect open communication, honest answers to your questions, and compassionate support throughout your legal experience.
Construction Accident Verdicts & Settlements
- $4,250,000 wrongful death award to the family of a construction worker securing a crane’s load who was electrocuted and killed when a crane struck an overhead power line
- $2,480,000 settlement during trial for orthopedic injuries sustained by a construction worker who fell from an unsafe ladder
- $1,900,000 settlement for a bridge painter who fell and sustained a fractured ankle because he was not provided with a safety harness
- $225,000 settlement for rotator cuff injury to construction worker as a result of a fall in an ice-covered parking lot.
Areas We Serve
Our construction accident lawyers serve the entire State of New York including New York City, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island and Queens. We also serve Nassau and Suffolk, Rockland, Westchester Counties, Albany, Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse and surrounding areas.
New York Construction Accident Statistics
- In 2019, 565 construction accidents were reported in New York City
- In the same year, construction accidents resulted in 595 injuries and 12 deaths.
- Manhattan is the New York borough which records the highest number of construction accidents, injuries, and deaths annually.
- Worker falls are the most common individually reported construction accident cause.
We’re Ready To Help
All construction workers deserve a safe work site, safe working conditions, and safe equipment. When brain trauma or other serious personal injuries occur, De Caro & Kaplen, LLP is prepared to represent you in a court of law to obtain fair and full compensation for your hardships. Here, we’re not just attorneys—we’re client advocates who genuinely care about helping you reach a better place in your life.
You pay no legal fees up front to hire us. Payment is only due when we win a favorable settlement or verdict for your case. Don’t wait—talk to our firm today.
If you would like to contact us using our form, please fill out the information below: