Were you injured in a construction accident in Queens that wasn’t your fault? Our Queens construction accident lawyers can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
We represent construction workers and their loved ones in cases involving:
- Falling on a construction site
- Falling from unsafe scaffolds and ladders
- Crane accidents
- Electrical shock & electrocution
- Faulty equipment
- Safety violations
- Failure to provide safety devices
- Falling from roofs
- Objects falling from high places
- Falling through holes and faulty flooring
- …or other accident scenario
We work on a contingency basis, which means you only pay a fee if we are successful in receiving compensation for your injuries. There are no up-front costs for you to pay.
How Common Are Construction Accidents In Queens?
In 2019 there were a total of 69 construction related accidents in Queens. These accidents resulted in 68 injuries and 2 fatalities.
Between January and June 2020, 18 construction accidents were reported, resulting in 20 injuries and one death.
In 2019 Queens was the New York borough with the third highest number of reported construction accidents. However in the first six months of 2020 Queens had the fourth highest number of reported construction accidents in New York.
What Are The Most Common Causes Of Construction Accidents In Queens?
In 2019 the most common (individually reported) cause of construction accidents in Queens was worker falls, with 16 such accidents recorded by NYC Buildings during the year.
The second most common cause was material falling, which accounted for 7 accidents.
Below is a full breakdown for 2019:
- Other construction related incidents: 40
- Worker falls: 16
- Material falls: 7
- Mechanical construction equipment: 4
- Scaffold/Shed/Fence/Shoring/Installation: 2
Notable Construction Accidents In Queens
- In February 2020, one worker was killed and another seriously injured after the collapse of a wall at a Queens construction site.
- In July 2019, a construction worker from New Jersey was killed after the collapse of a wall at a Queens construction site.
- In September 2019, a worker was killed when a box truck hit the cherry picker he was standing in at a construction site in Queens.
Which Areas Of Queens Do We Serve?
Our lawyers can accept medical construction accident cases throughout Queens County, including: Astoria, Corona, Elmhurst, Bayside, Forest Hills, Glendale, Rockaway, St. Albans, Sunnyside, Flushing, Jackson Heights, Jamaica, Kew Gardens, Middle Village, Ozone Park, and Richmond Hill.
We’re Ready To Assist With Your Queens Construction Accident Case
Our highly experienced construction accident lawyers are ready to represent you, and will fight tirelessly for the justice and compensation you deserve for your injuries.
And unlike many firms, we are fully prepared to take your case to trial.
Please get in touch today for your free consultation.