If you’ve been seriously hurt in an accident—whether car, bus, truck, or train—you may feel overwhelmed with medical bills, pain, and anxiety. It might help to know that you could be entitled to compensation for your physical and mental suffering, expenses, and financial loss. Although money can’t heal your injuries, it can make up for lost earnings and current and future expenses related to your crash. It can also bring you peace of mind as you pick up the pieces of your life.
At De Caro & Kaplen, LLP, we’ve been helping victims of vehicular accidents navigate the legal process for over 40 years. Attorney Michael Kaplen served as Chair of the Motor Vehicle and Highway Accident Section of the American Association for Justice. Let us put our knowledge and experience to work for you. Contact us today to discuss your case.
Quality Representation for Any Type of Vehicle Accident
- Car Accidents. Car wrecks don’t just happen—they’re typically caused by the negligence or recklessness of others. Our lawyers represent drivers, passengers, and pedestrians injured in a variety of crash scenarios in the state of New York.
- Bus Accidents. Driver carelessness and mechanical failure are the key causes of bus crashes. Our attorneys use rigorous case preparation techniques in order to prove the full extent of your injuries and get you the compensation you deserve.
- Truck Accidents. With a history of winning multimillion-dollar settlements for our clients, our seasoned lawyers expose the reckless conduct of truck drivers and trucking companies to obtain justice for innocent crash victims.
- Train Accidents. De Caro & Kaplen, LLP is dedicated to holding irresponsible railway companies and operators accountable for their actions. We represent passengers, employees, and bystanders hurt in train collisions throughout New York State.
- Pedestrian Accidents. The number of pedestrians struck by cars, trucks, and buses continues to rise in New York City. Our attorneys will hold those responsible accountable.
Vehicle Accident Verdicts & Settlements
- $8,500,000 award against a truck driver during trial for brain injuries sustained by our client, who was driving a car struck by the negligent driver.
- $3,500,000 for traumatic brain injury sustained by a college student against university which directed students to drive themselves to an athletic practice in hazardous weather conditions, in violation of safety standards and university rules, resulting in motor vehicle skidding on an icy roadway and colliding with a truck.
- $2,100,000 settlement for a skull fracture to an infant automobile passenger, which occurred when the vehicle was rear-ended by a truck.
- $2,000,000 pre-trial settlement for a vehicle accident caused by a negligent driver who struck our client’s vehicle, resulting in a concussion and post-concussion syndrome.
- $2,000,000 jury verdict for a taxi passenger’s Parkinson’s disease, caused by the collision between a bus and the taxi.
- $1,900,000 settlement for a motor vehicle accident caused by improper maintenance of brakes in a truck, resulting in a head-on collision and closed-head brain damage for our client.
- $1,390,000 settlement during trial for spinal injuries caused when an inattentive bus driver rear-ended our client’s car
- $1,000,000 for abdominal injuries sustained by vehicle operator involved in head-on collision with a pickup truck which crossed over the center median line.
- $350,000 for pelvic fracture to a passenger in a motor vehicle when the other driver failed to yield the right of way at a stop sign, resulting in a side impact collision.
What Sets Our Personal Injury Firm Apart?
Experience. If you’re looking for a well-qualified accident lawyer with a proven track record, look no further than De Caro & Kaplen, LLP. Shana De Caro and Michael Kaplen—our firm’s partners and award-winning attorneys—are recognized in the national legal community as foremost experts in the field of personal injury law. Michael and Shana bring their unique knowledge of law and medicine together to represent seriously injured clients. Our partners are both active members of the Interstate Trucking Accident Section of the American Association for Justice, and are certified as Advocates by the Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys.
Dedication. Beyond providing outstanding legal representation, our attorneys are fiercely committed to safeguarding your interests as an accident victim. We understand the lifelong consequences of personal injuries, and we work hard to ensure victims are rightfully compensated for the losses they’ve suffered.
Support. We are always accessible to you and handle each case personally. You can expect to be treated with compassion and respect from the very first contact with our law firm until your case is resolved.
A Focus on Traumatic Brain Injuries
Vehicle crashes are a leading cause of head and brain injuries. If your case involves serious injuries including brain injury, head injury, concussion, coma, traumatic epilepsy, or a seizure disorder, it’s important to hire an attorney who’s well versed in these types of brain damage. Shana and Michael are both graduates of the Brain and Spinal Cord Dissection Course at Marquette University. Our attorneys have unparalleled knowledge, education, and experience in the complex area of traumatic brain injury litigation. In fact, we’ve achieved brain injury verdicts and settlements totalling over 100 million dollars.
Areas We Serve
Our vehicle accident lawyers serve the entire State of New York including New York City, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island and Queens. We also serve Nassau and Suffolk, Rockland, Westchester Counties, Albany, Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse and surrounding areas.
If you need the services of a qualified NY personal injury attorney, we’d be honored to talk to you about your case. Contact De Caro & Kaplen, LLP today.