Whether caused by open flames, explosion, or dangerous household chemicals, burns are one of the most painful and distressing injuries a human being can suffer. The road to recovery is long and difficult, and the scars can last a lifetime. As a burn victim, you need an experienced lawyer in your corner, someone who can make the parties responsible for your injuries answer for their negligence.
How Were You Hurt?
After more than 35 years practicing personal injury law, De Caro & Kaplen, LLP has encountered virtually every type of burn accident case. Here are just a few examples:
- One client was severely burned by scalding-hot water when their landlord failed to maintain a critical boiler part.
- Our firm also represented an elderly man who suffered serious burns when he was left alone in the bathtub by a home care attendant responsible for his supervision.
- Another client was injured in a gas explosion as a result of a hot water heater that was not properly installed.
Our attorneys have also pursued cases involving missing smoke alarms, explosions, defective electrical connections, flammable fabrics, and unsafe stoves. Although the scenarios vary, these cases have one thing in common: someone acted irresponsibly, putting another in harm’s way. When you contact us, we’ll ask you to explain in detail how you received your burns. This is the first step in identifying the person or company responsible and building a solid case against them.
In a case handled by De Caro & Kaplen, LLP, our client was reaching over her stove to get a pot when her nightgown met the stove’s burner and caught on fire. Because of the negligent design of her nightgown, she was engulfed in flames and seriously burned. Our personal injury attorneys achieved a settlement in excess of $1 million for this young woman.
Who is De Caro & Kaplen, LLP?
When it comes to protecting the rights of burn injury victims in the state of New York, De Caro & Kaplen, LLP stands in a league of its own. Here are a few reasons why clients trust our firm to take on their case:
- The firm’s partners, Shana De Caro and Michael Kaplen, are highly qualified, award-winning personal injury attorneys with over three decades of experience. They know how to prosecute negligent corporations and individuals to the fullest extent of the law and get you the financial compensation to which you are entitled.
- Over the years, our clients have received significant settlements and verdicts under our representation—including many multi-million dollar awards.
- You’ll work directly with Shana or Michael on your burn injury case, and never get lost in the shuffle. We limit our caseload to give you the most attention possible.
- De Caro & Kaplen, LLP provides legal representation on a contingency basis. What does that mean? You don’t pay a penny unless we win your case. We believe money should never stand in the way of justice.
Find Out Your Legal Rights—Pick Up the Phone Today
As you heal from the physical and emotional trauma of your burns, the last thing you want to do is rehash the nightmare you endured. But keep in mind that whether you live in New York or another state, there are usually deadlines that limit the amount of time you have to file a personal injury claim. That’s why it’s important to call and talk to one of our attorneys. We’re waiting to hear from you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.