New York Car Accident Lawyers
If you’ve sustained a brain injury or other serious injuries as a result of a car wreck, chances are you’re worried—about your health, your finances, and your future. You may wonder what to do next, and whether you’re legally entitled to payment for the physical and emotional devastation that has turned your life upside-down.
At De Caro & Kaplen, LLP, we’re dedicated to helping people just like you get back on their feet by getting the compensation—and the justice—they deserve. If you or a family member needs the services of a qualified NY personal injury attorney, we would be honored to speak with you about your case. Contact us today.
Experienced in All Types of Car Accidents
Accidents don’t just happen. Most are caused by the careless, negligent, or reckless conduct of others. Our car accident lawyers have successfully represented drivers, passengers, and pedestrians injured in a range of crash types, including those involving:
- Distracted driving (cell phone and texting)
- Hit and run
- Unsafe or improper turns
- Failure to obey traffic signals
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Dangerous lane changes
How We Work to Build You a Strong Legal Case
Looking at a photo of the crash site is not enough to predict the severity of your auto accident injury. The New York car accident lawyers at De Caro & Kaplen, LLP dig deep to understand how the injuries you sustained will affect the quality of your life now, and in the future. We work with accident reconstruction experts, treating physicians, medical experts, and other professionals to determine how and why your injury took place—and how it could have been prevented.
We also retain qualified economists and life care planners to assist us in understanding and proving the degree of harm and loss suffered. This process, designed to maximize your compensation to the fullest extent possible, takes into account:
- Medical expenses
- Present and future loss of income
- Emotional trauma and related treatment/expenses
- The necessity for future medical and rehabilitation services
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of the pleasures and pursuits of life
Why you can trust us
You Work Directly With a Seasoned Lawyer
Beyond our knowledge and experience, De Caro & Kaplen, LLP clients benefit from a level of personal attention that’s rare among legal professionals today. Since we’re a “boutique” personal injury firm, our partners personally handle every case. That means you deal directly with a seasoned attorney—not a paralegal. Our partners maintain a small caseload in order to devote their time and resources most productively to each client.
Pay Nothing Up Front for Our Legal Representation
The partners at De Caro & Kaplen, LLP work on a contingency basis, which means there are no up-front or ongoing legal costs when you hire us. We only get paid at the conclusion of your case if we are successful in recovering compensation on your behalf.
Areas We Serve
Our car accident attorneys serve the entire State of New York including New York City, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island and Queens. We also serve Nassau and Suffolk, Rockland, Westchester Counties, Albany, Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse and surrounding areas.
Car Accident Verdicts & Settlements
- $8,500,000 award against a truck driver during trial for brain injuries sustained by our client, who was driving a car struck by the negligent driver
- $2,100,000 settlement for a skull fracture to an infant automobile passenger, which occurred when the vehicle was rear-ended by a truck
- $2,000,000 pre-trial settlement for a vehicle accident caused by a negligent driver who struck our client’s vehicle, resulting in a concussion and post-concussion syndrome
- $1,900,000 settlement for a motor vehicle accident caused by improper maintenance of brakes in a truck, resulting in a head-on collision and closed-head brain damage for our client
- $1,390,000 settlement during trial for spinal injuries caused when an inattentive bus driver rear-ended our client’s car
We’re Ready To Help
Don’t wait another day to pursue justice for yourself and your family. Contact De Caro & Kaplen, LLP today to discuss your legal right to obtain compensation.
If you would like to contact us using our form, please fill out the information below: