Were you injured in a Brooklyn construction accident that wasn’t your fault? Our Brooklyn construction accident lawyers can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
We represent construction workers and their loved ones in cases involving:
- Falling on a construction site
- Falling from unsafe scaffolds and ladders
- Crane accidents
- Electrical shock & electrocution
- Faulty equipment
- Safety violations
- Failure to provide safety devices
- Falling from roofs
- Objects falling from high places
- Falling through holes and faulty flooring
- …or other accident scenario
We work on a contingency basis, which means you only pay a fee if we are successful in receiving compensation for your injuries. There are no up-front costs for you to pay.
How Common Are Construction Accidents In Brooklyn?
In 2019 there were a total of 132 construction related accidents in Brooklyn. These accidents resulted in 137 injuries and two fatalities.
Between January and June 2020, 61 construction accidents were reported, with 54 injuries and 1 death.
In each year Brooklyn was the New York borough with the second highest number of reported construction accidents.
What Are The Most Common Causes Of Construction Accidents In Brooklyn?
In 2019 the most common (individually reported) cause of construction accidents in Brooklyn was worker falls, with 40 such accidents recorded by NYC Buildings during the year.
The second most common cause was material falling, which accounted for 13 accidents.
Below is a full breakdown for 2019:
- Other construction related incidents: 63
- Worker falls: 40
- Material falls: 13
- Mechanical construction equipment: 7
- Scaffold/Shed/Fence/Shoring/Installation: 6
- Excavation/Soil Work: 3
Notable Construction Accidents In Brooklyn
- In November 2019, 6 individuals were charged in connection with the death of a construction worker who was killed by collapsed wall in 2018.
- In May 2019, a Brooklyn construction worker was injured after falling into a shaft while working on an unfinished stairwell.
- In April 2019, a construction worker was killed after falling from the roof of 13 story Brooklyn Heights building.
- In November 2018, a Brooklyn construction worker was killed by a falling piece of sheet metal dropped from a forklift truck.
- In March 2018, a construction worker suffered cardiac arrest after being hit in the head with a beam at a work site.
Which Areas Of Brooklyn Do We Serve?
Our attorneys accept construction accident cases throughout Brooklyn, including: Bay Ridge, Brooklyn Heights, Bedford-Stuyvesant, Greenpoint, Flatbush, Fort Green, Bensonhurst, Midwood, East New York, Canarsie, Brownsville, Coney Island, Crown Heights, Park Slope, and Williamsburg.
We’re Ready To Assist With Your Brooklyn Construction Accident Case
Our highly experienced construction accident lawyers are ready to represent you, and will fight tirelessly for the justice and compensation you deserve for your injuries.
And unlike many firms, we are fully prepared to take your case to trial.
Please get in touch today for your free consultation.