New York Personal Injury Lawyers
De Caro & Kaplen, LLP, is a personal injury law firm, with offices on East 45th Street in New York City. For over 40 years, we’ve been helping clients in New York State receive the justice and compensation they deserve for their injuries.
If you have suffered a personal injury due to someone else’s negligence you have a right to hold that party responsible for your medical bills, lost earnings, future medical care, and even the anguish you’ve suffered.
Contact our personal injury attorneys today for a free consultation.
Why choose De Caro & Kaplen?
We know that selecting an attorney to represent you isn’t an easy decision. Here are 4 reasons why you can trust De Caro & Kaplen, LLP with your New York personal injury case.
1. Over 40 years experience
Our partners, Shana De Caro and Michael Kaplen, have been practicing personal injury law exclusively for over 40 years. They’ve received numerous awards for their contributions to the field.
2. We treat our clients with compassion and respect
Shana and Michael are both skilled attorneys and caring human beings. You’re treated with kindness and respect from your very first contact with our firm. Our limited caseload allows us to make you a priority.
3. A proven track record of success
De Caro & Kaplen, LLP has a long track record of winning settlements for our clients, including many in the multi-million dollar range. For example:
- $3,700,000 settlement for sexual discrimination.
- $2,480,000 settlement during trial for orthopedic injuries sustained by a construction worker who fell from an unsafe ladder.
- $1,000,000 pre-trial settlement for burns received when a non-flame retardant nightgown caught fire.
- $225,000 settlement for rotator cuff injury to construction worker as a result of a fall in an ice-covered parking lot.
4. No fee unless we win
At De Caro & Kaplen, LLP, we believe the American justice system should be accessible to everyone—not just those with money to burn. We represent ordinary people from all walks of life: like construction workers, college students, working professionals, and the elderly.
Our “no fee unless we win” approach makes it possible for you to hire the most qualified personal injury attorney, no matter the size of your bank account.
Personal injury practice areas
If someone else’s negligence has caused you harm, either physically or emotionally, and you are based in New York State we can help.
Some of the most common types of personal injury include:
- Burn injuries – Are you facing physical pain, multiple surgeries, and scarring due to a fire or explosion? Our attorneys can assist you in identifying the company or individual responsible for this catastrophe and hold them accountable.
- Construction accidents – All workers deserve a safe and secure job site. If your injury happened at work, you could be eligible for benefits in addition to Workers’ Compensation.
- Crime victim – Your assault probably would not have occurred if the landlord or property owner had provided proper safety and security. Our legal team will work hard to prove who is at fault for the incident and bring the wrongdoer to justice.
- Municipal accidents – From substandard roads to inattentive city drivers, countless people are injured every year from government carelessness. We can help you file your municipal liability claim on time and protect your rights.
- Premises liability – Were you hurt due to unsafe conditions in an apartment or public place? Your accident didn’t “just happen,” and we have the skills and expertise to prove it in court.
- Wrongful death – If you have lost a family member or loved one before their time, we can help you get the answers and justice you deserve.
- Sexual abuse – If you suffered sexual abuse while in the care of the Catholic Church or other New York institution, we’re ready to help
- Sexual harassment – If you have been a victim of sexual harassment in the state of New York, our experienced lawyers can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
- Slip and fall on snow or ice – Did a slip and fall on snow or ice in New York cause you injury? Our attorneys can assist with your case.
Areas we serve
Our personal injury lawyers serve the entire State of New York including:
New York City, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island and Queens. We also serve Nassau and Suffolk, Rockland, Westchester Counties, Albany, Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse and surrounding areas.
About personal injury
Personal injury is a legal term that’s used to describe injuries, both physical and psychological, that are caused by the negligence of another. A plaintiff is entitled to be compensated for all the injuries that are caused.
There are many aspects to personal injuries. These include both the physical injury, the psychological injury, pain and suffering, which means not only pain but the disability that it’s caused, loss of the enjoyment of the pleasures and pursuits of life.
For further information, see our video guides:
We’re ready to help
If you would like to contact us using our form, please fill out the information below: