New York Brain Injury Attorneys with Proven Success in Winning Personal Injury Verdicts and Settlements
At the New York personal injury firm of De Caro & Kaplen, LLP, our attorneys have a long track record of successes in obtaining just compensation for victims of negligence or medical malpractice. Whether a client has suffered traumatic brain damage or another serious injury, we battle our adversaries to achieve satisfactory and justified results. Our attorneys understand the difference our exceptional efforts can make for clients, their families, and the quality of their lives.
Shana De Caro and Michael Kaplen, our firm’s experienced partners, have achieved large, multi-million-dollar personal injury settlements and verdicts in cases of brain damage and other serious personal injuries. These injuries may have been caused by a variety of incidents including:
- Car, bus, or truck collisions
- Construction site accidents
- Medical or hospital negligence or malpractice
- Unsafe buildings
We Pursue Justice—Even if It Means Taking Your Case to Trial
If our attorneys can obtain an adequate settlement, we’ll resolve your case. But when a fair settlement can’t be reached, our lawyers won’t hesitate to take your case to trial. Unlike other New York law firms, Shana and Michael will vigorously pursue justice for you in the courtroom. We prepare each case from the outset for trial, building the necessary foundation and hiring the appropriate experts. Our education and many years of trial experience combined with our steadfast client dedication give you the optimal chance for a favorable recovery.
Real-Life Examples of Our Substantial Settlements
The New York personal injury lawyers at De Caro & Kaplen, LLP are proud of our sizeable jury verdicts. Our reputation, experience, and intensive preparation process have resulted in many negotiated settlements without the necessity of going to trial.
The following awards are a small sample of the impressive results obtained for our clients:
- $8,500,000 award against a truck driver during trial for brain injuries sustained by our client, who was driving a car struck by the negligent driver
- $8,000,000 medical malpractice settlement for an anesthesia error resulting in permanent brain damage for our client
- $8,000,000 pre-trial medical malpractice settlement for failure to diagnose and properly treat stroke for our client, who had been complaining of severe headaches
- $6,500,000 pre-trial medical malpractice settlement for failure to treat atrial fibrillation, resulting in stroke
- $4,250,000 wrongful death award to the family of a construction worker securing a crane’s load who was electrocuted and killed when a crane struck an overhead power line
- $3,900,000 jury verdict for medical malpractice leading to the death of a mother following the delivery of her child, as a result of uncontrolled bleeding
- $3,700,000 settlement for sexual discrimination
- $3,500,000 settlement for injuries to passengers of a bus that overturned due to a faulty tire and travelling at an unsafe speed
- $3,000,000 settlement for medical malpractice during shunt revision surgery, resulting in permanent brain damage
- $2,630,000 wrongful death award for medical malpractice involving a failure to diagnose and treat toxemia of pregnancy
- $2,480,000 settlement during trial for orthopedic injuries sustained by a construction worker who fell from an unsafe ladder
- $2,100,000 settlement for a skull fracture to an infant automobile passenger, which occurred when the vehicle was rear-ended by a truck
- $2,000,000 pre-trial settlement for a vehicle accident caused by a negligent driver who struck our client’s vehicle, resulting in a concussion and post-concussion syndrome
- $2,000,000 jury verdict for a taxi passenger’s Parkinson’s disease, caused by the collision between a bus and the taxi
- $1,900,000 settlement for a motor vehicle accident caused by improper maintenance of brakes in a truck, resulting in a head-on collision and closed-head brain damage for our client
- $1,900,000 settlement for a bridge painter who fell and sustained a fractured ankle because he was not provided with a safety harness
- $1,500,000 medical malpractice settlement for a hospital’s failure to treat a sinus infection, resulting in seizure disorder
- $1,390,000 settlement during trial for spinal injuries caused when an inattentive bus driver rear-ended our client’s car
- $1,000,000 pre-trial settlement for burns received when a non-flame retardant nightgown caught fire
Every case is unique and results will vary based on the facts of each individual case. No case results can be guaranteed and we cannot predict a similar result in your case.
Looking for a New York personal injury attorney? Call us toll free at 1-866-272-4652 for a no cost, no obligation consultation or use our simple online form.
These materials are presented for informational purposes only and are not intended, nor do they constitute, legal advice. Review of these materials creates no attorney-client relationship between you and De Caro & Kaplen, LLP. Since the unique facts of each case are different, no legal conclusions can be drawn about your particular case from reading these results. You should not act or rely upon the information contained without professional advice and counsel.