Meet New York Brain Injury Lawyers With Unmatched Experience In Brain Trauma Litigation—And A Tireless Commitment To Brain Injury Victims
Every 23 seconds, someone in the U.S. suffers brain trauma.
Whether you call it a closed head injury, brain damage, or a concussion, a traumatic brain injury (TBI) can have a dramatic and devastating impact on victims and their families. People who suffer brain trauma face a long road ahead. They may need months or even years of rehabilitation to perform the most basic tasks. Often, the aftermath of this “invisible injury” is permanent, leaving the victim disabled for life.
The New York law firm of De Caro & Kaplen, LLP focuses its national legal practice on representing brain injury victims and their family members. Brain injury law is not just our profession; it’s our longstanding passion. Our success in helping people afflicted with head injuries is one reason our partners, Shana De Caro and Michael Kaplen, were selected as Preferred Attorneys by the Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA). They are the brain injury lawyers for BIAA in the case against the National Football League, and authored the brief filed by BIAA to explain the science of brain injury and why the retired players are not receiving a fair deal before the United States of America Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
Take a Closer Look at Brain Injuries
If you or someone you love has experienced a traumatic brain injury, educating yourself is the first step to protecting your legal rights. Explore our site to learn more about brain injury causes, symptoms, and litigation:
- The Invisible Injury
- How the Brain is Injured
- Signs & Symptoms
- Brain Injury Detection
- Coma Information
- Brain Injury Prevention
- Family Information
- Selecting a Lawyer
- State Brain Injury Associations
You Need a Brain Injury Attorney Who Has “Been Around the Block”
While it’s true that money can’t undo the brain injury you sustained from a car accident, medical malpractice, or other cause, it can help lift the financial burden of medical bills, lost wages, and other costs from your shoulders. A full and fair settlement will provide funds to use for long-term rehabilitation and medical care, replace loss of income, provide for your family, and get the assistance you need to live productively in your community.
Obtaining a reasonable settlement for your injury is no easy feat, however. It calls for the help of an experienced lawyer, one who understands the complex medical and legal implications of brain damage. You’ll find that lawyer at De Caro & Kaplen, LLP. Attorneys Shana De Caro and Michael Kaplen have been handling head injury and brain injury cases for over 35 years.
- Michael is a Professorial Lecturer in Law at the George Washington University Law School, teaching the onlycourse on traumatic brain injury law in the nation.
- Michael has served as the chair of the New York State Traumatic Brain Injury Services Coordinating Council, and is a three-term past president of the Brain Injury Association of New York State. He has also served as the Chair of the Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
- Shana De Caro is the Immediate Past Chair of the Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group of the American Association for Justice, serves on the Board of Directors of the Brain Injury Association of America, and was elected secretary and board member of the Civil Justice Foundation.
- Our New York attorneys co-author the traumatic brain injury column for the distinguished New York Law Journal.
Get Your FREE Brain Trauma Legal Guide
We believe the only real way to stop brain trauma is through prevention. That’s why we’ve channeled years of insights into our valuable guide titled Brain Injury – A Guide to Your Legal Rights. From recognizing the signs of brain trauma to selecting the right attorney, you’ll find all the information you need to take an active role in pursuing the justice you and your family deserve.
Contact us today to receive a free copy of our handbook and to discuss your brain injury case with a qualified attorney.